After a few busy weeks, here are the different components of the campaign! I'm pretty thrilled with how everything turned out, but there's always room for improvement. Time permitting, I'll be sure to share these with Franklinton Gardens.
Last week, I shared some of my progress on my print ads and video. I've been making more adjustments since then, and I'm almost ready to call both of them finished. On another note, please pardon the finicky GIFs; they won't move that quickly in the final video.
I've also tinkered around with a MaKey MaKey kit. Although we've been given the choice between that and Aurasma, I'm taking up the challenge of working with the former. Thinking of an interactive concept has been difficult, but I think I have an idea. My goal is to wire up a few potted plants, and make each one produce a different sound when it's watered or shoveled. In essence, I'm combining a small garden with a soundboard. I already have a prototype working, so now I just need to round up a few plants. Here's the prototype in its half-finished glory:
In a few short days, I'll be presenting the campaign. It's almost there!
Last week, I said I'd make substantial progress on the print ads and video for Franklinton Gardens. Since then, I've decided upon a slight change to the visual aspect of my campaign, choosing to use photography and video footage as the primary focus, with illustrative and typographic treatments as accents. You can see some of the progress here:
On Tuesday, I'll get to tinker with a MaKey MaKey kit, which should help me develop ideas for my interactive guerrilla tactic. I'll also make some additions and adjustments to my existing deliverables, of course. The deadline is fast approaching!
Last week, I shared some of my strategies, visual inspiration, and sketches with my class, receiving some constructive feedback in the process. I learned that my first strategy, "Local In Every Way," seemed to resonate with them the most, and they seemed to prefer the second visual approach, which combines graphic, textured graphic shapes that complement any photography/video and supporting copy.
As mentioned in the previous post, I've begun developing the various components for the campaign, starting with the copy and imagery for the print ads. I'm not entirely set on these just yet, but I'll have a clearer visual direction after acquiring my own photography and video.
I've also been sketching out boards for the video spot, and I'm strongly considering the possibility of including some interviews. In their very nature, interviews can be unpredictable, so some of the sketches are rough guidelines that can be manipulated and rearranged depending on the answers participants give me.
Within the next week, I'll have taken photos/video, experimented with MaKey Makey, and begun piecing together the print ads and video spot.